Monday, October 5, 2009

The wind has decided to be our friend

When we first got into Nevada on Saturday I was ready to name it the state of 360 degree winds. The first half day on the way to Carson City it blew from every direction. Sometimes it seemed like even at the same time. I was riding into Genoa and there were flags at the antique store blowing left to right. I did a circle in the road to see where Bob and Mike were and by the time I completed the circle the flags on the ground were blowing right to left. The flag on the roof was still blowing left to right. If I was quicker I would have gotten a picture to prove it.

Maybe it's just a local effect next to the mountains because it has turned into pretty much a tailwind whenever it is blowing. Which is nice because not only is that helpful for biking, it's helpful for keeping warm. Which I value.
-----------------------
Sent from my Treo(r) smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment