Friday, October 2, 2009

Gettting to Bob's

This ride to Salt Lake City was all Bob's idea, so we are starting
Wednesday morning from the park down from Bob's house. At 7 AM. Which
is too early to get up and drive there for me. So I used Tuesday as a
warmup ride to get to Bob's. 70 miles, flat, would have been a simple
ride except for what seemed like a 20 to 25 MPH headwind. Not sure if
it was that, but I do know that if that wind were blowing back when we
lived in Vermont I would have been out of work, picked up the windsurf
equipment, and been at Sand Bar State Park faster than you could say
'where did Jon go'. I don't battle much headwind in the South Bay so I
decided just to laugh at it, realizing that if it kept up for a few
days I probably wouldn't find it so amusing.

Got to Bob and Barbara's for dinner and in time to help Bob with final
setup on his bike. We were having some difficulties with the bargain
panniers he got from Performance Bike. I told him the parable of 'Brad
MacLean and the Kingsford charcoal' I'm not sure Bob saw the relevance
of the story, but the message is if you buy the cheap stuff, all bets
are off. So a quick trip to REI got him set up with a fine pair of
Ortliebs and all was well. Unfortunately for me, the UofM jersey that
was on the sale rack wasn't really on sale so I left without it.
Bummer. Like I needed another jersey anyway.

Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment