Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Free range cows

There are fences along the road, but apparently here the cows get to decide which side of the fence they want to stand on. I don't know if it's a seniority thing, first come first serve, or some sort of cow union rules. About half stand on the road side of the fence and half stand on the field side.

Whichever side they are on, they don't seem to trust the intentions of me on my bike. No matter how friendly my greeting, they give me the stink eye, then either start to back away or run away. When they find they can't outrun me (yet, but I feel like I'm gettting slower), they turn, face me, give me the double stink eye, and dare me to invade their personal space at my own risk.

What I'm wondering is, if I became a vegetarian would they give me a more friendly greeting? Would they cheer or give some sort of cow clap? Do they only behave this way because they know how much I like a good cheeseburger?
-----------------------
Sent from my Treo(r) smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment